Most important: WE ARE GETTING A NEW CAR! I've grown so accustomed to sharing a car that I will not know how to handle this new-found freedom!
Since I have no choice, but to get a little creative & culinary for the holidays, I would like to organize a cookie swap Xmas party thing with my friends. File under "maybe", but I'd like to give it a go! (Ahem! KMHD, Leigh, Keiko, & Heather!) Will ruminate and hopefully attempt. I'm thinking salted caramels, sweet/salty candy bark, pretzels & cinnamon rolls.
Our going vegetarian has been going really well! We have not faltered, there's not been any cravings, and we've been trying new things. My current favorite superfood is kale. It is extremely easy to cook with. So far, we've had kale chips & stir-fried kale. I'd like to try it in soup & make salads with it. Anyway, I'm very pleased with our current dietary decision. It will probably make Thxgiving in New Orleans very difficult, but I have been doing my research for vegetarian restaurants. Hopefully I can find one that is open on Turkey Day!
EXTRA PHOTOS
Evening view from my cousins house in Queen Anne, Seattle:

Tesla e-car:

I took this lot of photos at the Sci-Fi Museum in Seattle. His expression looks as if you are delivering bad news. "Yoda, I accidentally washed my red towel with all of your whites."

Cylon!

Apollo's fighter jet:

Don't let them in!


This is still scary to me:

Tired cousins:

Cau Bay nerding out with my spectacles:


Aunt + cousins:

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooos!

I love it when the cats are all DO NOT LEAVE:

But, they are glad when I am back:

My beautiful birthday cake. It was not that good.

I got bangs!

2 comments:
1. I love yr bangs! HAWT!
2. That view from the Seattle apt. Wow. I could sit there and stare out the window for DAYS.
3. Jim and I shared a car for, like, two months, and it was HELL. We are a two-car household, sorry Planet Earth.
4. Hit up that Sci-Fi Museum I must. YODA!
5. This dish calls for kale and looks yummy (omit the bacon, since y'all've gone veggie!):
http://loveandsplendor.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/in-the-kitchen-potato-gruyere-and-kale-soup/
xoxo!
1. Thanks!
2. Yeah, that view. We did sit there and stare A LOT. I want to live there so bad!
3. It's weird, but we share a car quite well. I am for real, it will be SO WEIRD to have my own ride. Exciting!
4. Yes, it's pretty cool! It's connected to the Experience Music Project, so it's BOGO free!
5. Um...WE WILL HAVE THIS SOON.
Thanks, nice lady!
Post a Comment